A Happy New Year to all C4D Network members and welcome to our first Network update of 2019. As the Network has just turned 10 years old and a new year has begun, we’ve been busy rebooting and refreshing our content, activity and community events.
As a small token for 2019 we have made a fun C4D Network calendar, downloadable for printing from the site (click here) and a low-res version attached with this update (click here) – do pop it on your noticeboard and send us a picture of you next to it (via [email protected]) so we can post it on the site ‘member postcards’ – we want to see you this year!
This first update gives us a chance to be able to share with you some of our upcoming exciting 2019 news, plans and events and more importantly how you, as members, can continue to contribute and get involved. We look forward to getting to know more of you in-person or ‘virtually’ through all our 2019 initiatives and events.
Jackie and the C4D Network Team
Refreshed Network Content
Many of you will have noticed our refreshed website – www.c4d.org. This is now your one-stop shop for all things Network and C4D related including:
Opportunities: You can find all the latest C4D related opportunities from calls for papers to funding awards.
Resources: You can find the latest C4D related publications, guides, and papers.
Topics: Our topic pages bring together collections of communication for development related publications, thinking and news structured around a particular development topic.
Refreshed Network Membership
Our Network community continues to grow and we now have over 3,000 members worldwide, with many members active at the national level in their Network country chapters organising and co-ordinating local Network Meet-Ups and events.
2019 will see a refreshed membership structure moving to three new options for membership:
- Individual Subscriber Membership;
- Individual Standard Membership and,
- Institutional Membership
with each option offering a wide range of membership benefits which can be found in full at: https://c4d.org/join
Refreshed Network Newsletters
In line with our refreshed membership structure, we are also refreshing our Network newsletters, as well as including new ones. Our newsletter schedule will now include:
- Weekly: C4D Jobs & Opportunities
- Fortnightly: C4D News & Resources (replacing old twitter trawl)
- Monthly: Network Community Update
- Quarterly: C4D Network Update
Refreshed Network Activity
To kick-start 2019 we have a host of regular in-country Network Meet-ups in the diary (listed with links to all 2019 dates below) which we’ll also advertise closer to the times across our newsletters and social media.
Sometimes these will be social get-togethers, sometimes we will have speakers and focused discussion but as always all members and interested friends are more than welcome to attend.
- Full 2019 list – Austria (Vienna)
- Full 2019 list – Belgium (Brussels)
- Full 2019 list – UK (Oxford)
- Full 2019 list – UK (London)
New Network initiatives
The next few months will also see the roll-out of several new initiatives, including:
- The C4D Service Provider system – designed for use by seekers of expertise as well as providers,our Service Provider database is searchable by expertise according to development themes, C4D areas of practice, media/communication routes, countries & regions, languages, and types of services.
- C4D Students – we are launching a student community for C4D career development and learning; watch this space.
- We are also applying for charitable status for the Network this quarter and working with Chapter leads to establish a regular ‘global team’ management structure.