Closing date: October 4, 2021
Job no: 544745
Contract type: Temporary Appointment
Categories: Communication for Development (C4D)
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, knowledge.
How can you make a difference?
The position will provide technical support to ensuing routine EPI and new or special vaccines introduction including COVID 19 vaccination campaign to foster a common umbrella approach being planned by various development partners in Bangladesh and simultaneously encourage innovations. S/he will also propose a roadmap for multi-sectoral response to Behaviour Change Communication challenges through convergence of ongoing interventions and promoting highly focused enter-educate campaign approach, while pulling together select actionable innovations.
The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of Communication for Development (C4D) Specialist assigned to the Health Programme and guidance of the Chief of C4D Section. S/he will work in close collaboration with C4D and Health section, EPI specialist, C4D Specialist and MNCAH sub-unit and with CAP section as required. The incumbent is expected to perform the following key functions summarized below:
1. Support to strategy design and development of C4D activities
- Research and/or participate in conducting comprehensive C4D situation analysis of social, communication, cultural, economic and political issues in the country/region. Collect and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information and data to support the establishment of comprehensive and evidence-based information for developing and planning the C4D component of EPI, COVID 19 vaccination and ongoing MNC&AH programme
2. Support to implementation of C4D activities
- Collaborate and/or consult with internal and external partners to provide operational and technical support to research, develop, and produce evidence-based strategies and test, produce and use quality C4D materials, organize events and activities to ensure community engagement and participation, and maximum outreach and impact on behavioral and social change.
- Provide technical, administrative and logistical support and background materials to carry out C4D strategies and activities and recommend operational strategies, approaches, plans, methods and procedures to ensure community engagement and participation, and optimum outreach and impact.
3. Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Build and maintain partnerships through networking and proactive collaboration with national and international civil society organisations, community groups, leaders and other critical partners in the community and civil society.
- Collaborate with internal global/regional communication partners to harmonize, link and/or coordinate messaging to enhance C4D outreach and contribution to programmatic outcomes.
4. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
- Institutionalize/share best practices and knowledge learned/products with global/local partners and stakeholders to build capacity of practitioners/users, and disseminate products to key audiences including partners and donors.
- Support the organization, administration and implementation of capacity building initiatives, including partnerships with training and academic institutions, to enhance the competencies of clients/stakeholders/partners across programme sectors in C4D planning, implementation and evaluation in support of programmes/projects. Develop training materials for training activities, and revise and update them as necessary.
For detailed job responsibilities, please access job description below:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: social and behavioral science, sociology, anthropology, psychology, education, communication, public relations or another relevant technical field.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme planning, communication for development, public advocacy or another related area.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Nurtures, Leads and Manages People (1) – only for Staff with Supervisory Responsibilities
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (2)
- Works Collaboratively with others (2)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (2)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (2)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (2)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (2)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (2)
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination.
UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
*UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
*Internal candidates may be given preference over external candidates. The term “Internal” refers to all staff members with fixed term, continuing or permanent appointments.
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 20 Sep 2021 Bangladesh Standard Time
Deadline: 04 Oct 2021 Bangladesh Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.