Closing date: Unspecified
FHI 360 is looking for a Technical Officer for a local systems strengthening program called Somos Comunidad (FUPAD / FHI 360) to improve citizen security conditions, and as a result, mitigate the effects of organized crime and violence in prioritized areas.
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in sustainable ways by promoting integrated and local solutions. Our team includes experts in health, nutrition, the environment, the economy, civil society, gender, youth and technology – creating a unique mix of skills to meet the interrelated challenges of human development. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and every state and territory in the United States. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position based in Bogotá, Colombia (national / local recruitment) of: Technical Officer in Colombia.
The officer will contribute to efforts to improve the technical capacities of CSOs in Colombia focused specifically on strengthening civil society organizations in communication for social change and support in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of communication initiatives. community. The officer will implement actions to strengthen communication, based on the needs identified jointly with the CSOs, and will provide technical support in the creation of messages, communication pieces and other communication interventions.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, social communication, education, international development, or other relevant field of study;
- Have at least 5 years of experience in the field of social communication working with civil society organizations in Colombia.
- Previous experience in communication projects for development / social change; community communication; and facilitation of participatory communication processes.
- Skills in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of participatory communication initiatives / strategies
- Work experience with grassroots organizations and communities in the strengthening of capacities and skills in a participatory, contextual way and under a differential approach.
- Skills in design and execution of strengthening strategies and training activities.
- Writing competence and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English;
- Previous experience working with non-governmental organizations.
- Ability and availability to travel at least 25% to the following departments: Córdoba, Norte de Santander, Antioquia, Cauca, and Nariño.
This job description summarizes the main responsibilities of the position. It does not prescribe or restrict the exact responsibilities and duties that can be assigned to carry out the work. This document should not be construed in any way as an employment contract. The administration reserves the right to revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer which does not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age , marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 supports its workforce through competitive benefits packages , career development, and policies and programs that support a healthy work-life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for yourself and others.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and review this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work / life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others – and yourself.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com