Closing date: October 10, 2021
Job no: 544910
Contract type: Consultancy
Categories: Communication for Development (C4D)
UNICEF works in some of the world’s most difficult places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them realize their potential.
In 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, an innovation
Purpose of Activity / Assignment:
The Ministry of Social Affairs and Solidarity in collaboration with UNICEF aims to organize training for a national pool of trainers in participatory communication targeted on the 13 essential social practices to strengthen the capacities of communities to take charge of children. problems related to the health and development of their children.
This national group of trainers will then be able to supervise the training of relays and communicators in the field, whether they intervene within the framework of projects supported by UNICEF or by other partners active in these fields. It is therefore a question here of proposing a new strategic model of communication intervention for the sustainable adoption of practices favorable to the survival and development of the child and of strengthening communication skills for development at the national level. The objective is to unite all the actors and partners around this model and to support the Ministry of Social Affairs to ensure its coordination both at the technical level (strategic planning, research, impact study, definition of policies ) that at the implementation level,
How to make a difference
The consultant’s methodology should include the following steps:
- Develop a plan of training modules in participatory communication based on social dialogue in cooperation with the UNICEF C4D Specialist and the technical ministries and NGOs.
- Develop training modules including:
- The content of the thematic activities (indicating the estimated duration of each session and the techniques and materials necessary for the facilitation): how to generate and frame a participatory dialogue around the messages on each PES. How to apply different communication techniques (role plays, brainstorming, testimonials, group work and illustrated presentations) and adapt generic messages to different groups for the promotion of each PES.
- Technical sheets and additional notes on the topics studied during the training.
- Appendices, including communication techniques such as role-playing and other animation techniques.
- Provide training of trainers in participatory communication techniques for 5 days for a group of 25 people (facilitators, community relays)
The training will be based on a participatory approach, with role plays, brainstorming, testimonials, group work and illustrated presentations.
On the last day, an adaptation of the training models that will be used for the subsequent training of the relays will be organized. The mechanism and tools for monitoring and evaluating the impact / effect of messages disseminated by community relays will be discussed and adjusted. Participants will be subject to a knowledge test before and after the training.
- At the end of the training, a national community mobilization plan for the promotion of the 13 PES will be established.
- Supervise the trainers during the first training session for community relays on communication techniques in two pilot areas and make corrections if necessary.
- The consultant should take into consideration the feedback provided by the participants in the two pilot areas. On this basis, he will have to adapt the training modules, the community monitoring booklet that will be used to launch the Essential Social Practices approach.
- Provide recommendations for monitoring communication promoting essential social practices and community capacity building activities.
- Provide a complete report of the activity as well as all the finalized supports.
Supervision and working conditions:
The Consulting contract will be signed between UNICEF and the International Consultant under the supervision of the UNICEF C4D specialist. He must have his own work equipment
Compensation, performance evaluation and terms of payment
The technical offer will cover the methodological approach to carry out the work requested and the understanding of the ToRs and any comments and suggestions made by applicants will be key elements in the evaluation of the technical offer.
The financial offer will cover the following expenses:
- The cost per deliverable
- Perdiems according to days present in the country
- Cost of logistics relating to the assignment
All other costs will be borne by the consultant, in particular visa and vaccines, etc. The consultant must provide proof of his medical coverage covering him during the period of the consultation.
The consultant will be paid upon submission of invoices relating to the various deliverables, subject to validation by the consultation supervisor and will be based on the deliverables as follows:
- 20% upon submission of the validated workshop training start-up report
- 40% upon submission of the training of trainers report
- 40% upon submission of the final report, training modules adapted to the realities on the ground and the community monitoring booklet adapted to the realities on the ground
Work Assignment Overview
|Tasks / Milestone:||Deliverables / Outputs:||
|Development of participatory communication training tools on the 13 PES||Training tools including the community monitoring booklet||November 7||$ 6,000|
|Organize the training of the national pool of 25 trainers||Workshop training report||November 14th||2000 $|
|Supervise the first training of community intermediaries by national trainers and provide recommendations for the follow-up of communication and capacity building activities of the community;||Training modules adapted to the realities of the field
Community monitoring notebook adapted to the realities on the ground
|21 November||2000 $|
|Revise and finalize the training materials and the community monitoring booklet
Final mission report
|November 30||2000 $|
|Estimated Consultancy fee||
|SA (if applicable)||Field mission to adapt the training modules and the community monitoring booklet to the realities on the ground||
|Total estimated consultancy costs [i]||
To qualify as a champion for each child, you will need to have:
For each child, you must demonstrate …
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability ( CRITA ) and core competencies in Communication, Collaboration with People and Achieving Results.
The technical skills required for this position are:
UNICEF promotes diversity and inclusion among its staff and encourages qualified applicants, men and women of all nationalities, religions and ethnicities, including people with disabilities to apply for membership of the Organization.
UNICEF has a policy of zero tolerance for behavior inconsistent with the goals and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child protection principles. All successful applicants will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous references and background checks. The background check will include verification of academic credentials and professional background. Selected applicants may be required to provide additional information to complete a background check.
Advertised: 27 Sep 2021 E. Africa Standard Time
Deadline: 10 Oct 2021 E. Africa Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit secure.dc7.pageuppeople.com.