Closing date: July 15, 2021
- Contribute to the production of communication strategies and action plans for social and behavior change in support of response interventions against COVID 19;
- Provide technical support in terms of C4D to the national coordination team of the COVID 19 response and particularly support government partners and those of civil society in the finalization / adaptation and implementation and monitoring of their action plan in response to COVID 19;
- Support existing platforms, in particular the media, Local Action Groups and the various associations and groups in the implementation of their communication and community engagement activities targeting the response against COVID 19;
- Support the National Health Security Agency in its mission to respond to COVID 19;
- Support the development and use of a mechanism for collecting data and reporting rumors and false information relating to COVID 19 and vaccination and helping to deconstruct this false information;
- Support communication interventions targeting the response to COVID 19;
Contribute to the implementation of the Rolling Work Plan of the C4D and document the results achieved as well as the lessons learned from the implementation;
Support all other C4D interventions initiated.
To be qualified as an agent of change for every child, you must …
- Be of Guinean nationality;
- Have at least a University Diploma in Social Communication, (Communication for Development, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, or Education for Health) or any other relevant discipline related to the planning of strategic communication for development, social mobilization, participatory communication and research and community engagement;
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional work experience in the planning and management of communication programs for development and community engagement;
- Have a good knowledge of the concepts and approaches of rights-based planning and results-based management;
- Good knowledge and experience of working with the United Nations system, in particular UNICEF would be an asset;
- Having a good command of the French language (spoken and written) and knowledge of several national languages of Guinea would be an asset;
- Flexibility, professionalism and the ability to work under strict and tight deadlines are required.
- Have a perfect command of the computer tool (Word, Spreadsheets, Power point).
For each child, you must demonstrate …
The UNICEF values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) and basic skills in communication, teamwork and achieving results.
View our Competency Framework and learn more about UNICEF’s values here .
UNICEF is committed to respect for diversity and inclusion in its workforce, encourages all applicants, regardless of gender, nationality, religion and ethnicity, including people with disabilities , to apply to be part of the organization.
The feminine candidacies are deeply encouraged.
UNICEF is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion among its staff and encourages all applicants, regardless of gender, nationality, religion and ethnicity, including people with disabilities, to apply to be part of the organization.
UNICEF applies the zero tolerance policy to any conduct deemed incompatible with its mandate, that of the United Nations, as well as with the standards of conduct of United Nations officials, including sexual abuse or exploitation. , sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also strictly adheres to the principle of child protection. Any candidate considered for recruitment will undergo a rigorous reference and background check and must adhere to these standards and principles.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.