Closing date: September 23, 2021
Job no: 544543
Contract type: Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, support https://www.unicef.org/timorleste
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Chief of Education, the consultant is required to provide technical and operational support to the Education section. Tasks will include supporting the implementation of a behavior change (C4D) strategy (particularly on school readiness and parenting education), developing IEC material, , and support the administration, implementation, monitoring and/or evaluation of C4D activities that aim at changing social norms and behaviours related to education.
Contract Duration: (7 months) to be started from Mid October 2021
Proposed Payment: Monthly Payment
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- a bachelor degree on Social and Behavioral Science, Education, Public Relation, or other relevant technical field
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas is required: social development programme, communication for development, public advocacy, education or another related area school readiness and parenting education
- A good understanding of UNICEF’s work in education
- Experience in working with children, families, and schools (teachers, students)
- Ability to deliver quality reports aligned with UNICEF publication guidelines
- Previous experience with UNICEF or UN agencies is considered as an asset
- Have excellent communication skills in both Tetun and English. Knowledge of Portuguese an asset
- be willing to travel to rural and remote locations/municipalities
For every Child, you demonstrate UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Click here to learn more about UNICEF’s values and competencies.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, updated CV and the financial proposal through this link : http://jobs.unicef.org/cw/en-us/job/544543?
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage). Their conditions of service will be governed by their contract and the General Conditions of Contracts for the Services of Consultants and Individual Contractors. Consultants and individual contractors are responsible for determining their tax liabilities and for the payment of any taxes and/or duties, in accordance with local or other applicable laws.
Advertised: 10 Sep 2021 Tokyo Standard Time
Deadline: 23 Sep 2021 Tokyo Standard Time
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.