Closing date: April 25, 2021
UNICEF in Vientiane, Lao PDR is looking for an Individual Consultancy: Local consultant to support C4D/Demand generation interventions for COVID19 vaccine introduction. The duration of this assignment is 11 months, starting from 1 June 2021 until 30 April, 2022. The assignment is based in Vientiane, Lao PDR, with limited travel (up to 30 days in total) to the field.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Assist in coordination with C4D focal point and support the implementation of national plan based on NDVP on COVID-19 vaccine with specific activities to reach the priority populations for the first phase of vaccination (health workers, essential workers, older adult population, people in long term care and people with pre-existing condition-as per the final decision of the country)
- Provide technical assistance to MOH and partners on development, pre-testing and finalization of evidence-based communication content, messages and material as guided by evidence from social listening and based on global guidelines
- Explore advocacy channels for influencing policy makers and leadership of mass organizations to promote EPI communication
- Play an active role in establishing and formalizing alliances/partnerships with mass organizations, other line ministries and development partners in developing a network of community mobilizers for EPI
- Communicate with and regularly meet with partners to ensure implementation of planned activities.
- Jointly track implementation of planned EPI communication activities by community mobilizers with partner organizations and line ministries
- Support the organization of national and provincial advocacy events and thematic workshops for EPI, campaigns or new vaccine introductions for media and mass organizations
- Adapt available training modules and job aids in Lao for health workers and vaccinators as both first adopters of vaccines and as advocates for vaccination acceptance and uptake in communities
- Conduct a mapping of key stakeholders, influential, partners and most trusted sources of information to support acceptance and uptake of Covid-19 vaccination and in providing orientations to them.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Post graduate degree in Social Communication or social/behavioral sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology)
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in communication for development interventions with an international development NGO or the UN.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
- Ability to take good photographs
- Knowledge of working with social media channels, such as Facebook, twitter and Instagram or demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn to work with social media
- Computer skills, including some basic design skills
- Ability to travel to travel on short notice to provinces as required by the consultancy
- Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines
professional level knowledge of Written and Spoken English and Lao language is a must. All reports must be submitted in English
Submission of applications:
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply and upload the following documents to: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/
- Letter of Interest (cover letter)
- CV or Resume
- Performance evaluation reports or references of similar consultancy assignments (if available)
- Financial proposal: Monthly fee as per work assignment, medical insurance covering medical evacuation should be included in the financial proposal. All field travels will be covered by UNICEF
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.