Status: Reports to: Location:
Terms of Reference: Local Coordinator—Philippines
Team Lead / Thematic Leads
Remote work/on location in the Philippines
PCI Media is looking for a local coordinator in the Philippines to coordinate SBCC activities for a proposed body of work for UNICEF. The work includes the design of a communication strategy to help address the triple burden of malnutrition including stunting, wasting micronutrient deficiencies, overweight and obesity among young children in the three provinces of Sama, Norther Samar and Zamboanga del Norte.
Purpose of the Position:
To offer local expert advice, and oversee local implementation of activities, strategies, and deliverables.
- Communicate timelines with all stakeholders
- Ensure project deadlines are met
- Ensure quality of deliverables
Level of Effort: 15–25 hours a week. Qualifications:
- At least 12 years relevant experience
- Strong grasp of local governance and budgeting and planning processes
Understanding of the government of Philippine’s Plan of Action and ECCD–First 1000 Days initiative and nurturing care framework
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to work with key government officials at all levels
- Strong advocacy skills
- Education and/or experience equivalent to an associate’s degree in communication, journalism, social media
marketing, public health, or a field relevant to behavior change/health science.
- Experience working for UNICEF, a similar organization, or an NGO as a direct hire, consultant or contractor.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively while working
remotely via email, phone and Skype.
- Excellent organizational skills to deliver high-quality communication products.
- Please email your resume, cover letter and three relevant writing samples (or links to writing samples) in one document to [email protected]
- Please include “Local SBCC Coordinator—Philippines” in the subject of your email.
To apply for this job please visit www.pcimedia.org.