Closing date: Nov 24, 2020
Risk communication and community engagement (RCCE) has been identified as one of the critical pillars of the COVID-19 response globally. RCCE is an essential component of the emergency preparedness and response plan against COVID-19, to help slow transmission of the virus in communities. This includes communicating effectively with the public, engaging with children, youth, adults, leaders, communities, local partners and other stakeholders to help prepare and protect individuals, families and the public’s health during COVID-19 response, as well as understanding information needs, and managing rumors and misinformation.
In both development and humanitarian contexts, UNICEF promotes a people-centered agenda that has community engagement at its core. The process of working with local groups and stakeholders and expanding people’s role in addressing issues that affect their lives, is central to achieving multiple development and humanitarian outcomes as shown on the diagram in this page.
The selected candidate will assist the UNICEF Myanmar Country Office to support the Government of Myanmar to implement evidenced-based communication and community engagement activities as part of the COVID-19 response and as part of the social mobilization efforts during the introduction of the vaccine.
The candidate is expected to apply the principles of the Core Commitments for Children (CCCs) while helping the organization contribute to the prevention of mortality and morbidity among children and their caregivers in Myanmar.
Objectives of the Consultancy
Participate and provide technical support to the national RCCE committee:
- Participate in the RCCE working group meetings, co-chaired by UNICEF, WHO and MOHS.
- Provide updates on UNICEF’s activities under the national RCCE implementation plan.
- Set up a monitoring plan with RCCE working group partners in accordance with the national RCCE strategy, review the implementation plan and make recommendations for amendments if required, in accordance to monitoring results.
- Provide inputs to, and support the development of RCCE strategies, costed plans of action and other relevant documents such as proposals and monitoring reports.
Implement UNICEF’s C4D/RCCE activities:
- Support the design and implementation Community Engagement interventions.
- Liaise with sections and field offices to identify and address specific RCCE needs.
- Contribute to and support the design, development, pre-testing, production, printing, and dissemination of culturally relevant COVID-19 RCCE materials as required, meeting on-ground requirements and quality standards.
- Support rapid surveys around knowledge and perceptions and generation of critical data to inform RCCE actions, including monitoring and analysing of trends to inform RCCE response.
- Collaborate with the Advocacy, Partnership and Communications Section to provide media with accurate, non-stigmatizing information that is appropriate, mutually reinforcing and easily understood.
- Support the documentation of lessons learned and best practices.
- Support the design and implementation of social mobilization activities for the introduction of vaccines.
- Any other task as assigned by the C4D Manager and the Emergency Lead.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unicef.org.