Closing date: not given
Internews seeks to engage an ONLINE MEDIA DEVELOPMENT EXPERT to train selected media partners for a total 60 days over a two-year period commencing November 2020. The trainer will support the selected media to develop and deploy effective business and management strategies through virtual (in year 1) and providing in-person (in year 2 depending on the Covid-19 situation) workshops, technical assistance, professional coaching and advisory support.
You’re an ideal candidate for this position if you have:
- A deep understanding of the legacy and new industries in DRC, as well as working knowledge of the broader media environment in Africa.
- Proven ability to provide impactful technical support for media organizations including management-level trainings, organizational capacity assessments, curricula development, and other technical business
- Demonstrable track experience developing and implementing business models for media organization within a similar regional context
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to interact effectively with local media partners, senior business leaders and multinational and international project teams
- Native or full professional fluency in French; excellent communication and presentation skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The expert will be responsible for supporting the Medias2I Project Team in:
- Designing and delivering training programs for editorial and business leaders to strengthen organizational management and business operations.
- Working with selected media partners in developing and deploying effective business strategies – specific to their operational context, core competencies, and growth potentials.
- Evaluating partners periodically over the project period, providing reports to the project team on partner progress and needs.
The successful applicant will work with the project team to design a 2-year DRC- specific program, proposed focus areas are:
- The DRC Digital Landscape – An in-depth understanding of internet and digital media consumption in the country, and overview of global trends, and how this impacts the business environment for editorial and business leaders.
- Understanding Audiences – Understanding online audiences for business: how to attract, engage, and monetize audiences on digital platforms. Leaders will also be trained on how to track on-platform analytics for social media and websites, and what they mean for your business plan.
- Online Advertising – Understanding online advertising through direct and 3rd Party platforms – how business and editorial leaders can manage teams, design products, and run sales operations to optimize online revenue generation.
- Product Design – How to use your core competencies and available resources to design monetizable products/platforms/services that create value for partners/advertisers and optimize your revenue generation.
- Partnerships & Alternative Revenue – A practical understanding of digital content creation for businesses and partners; how media can generate commercial value outside the traditional advertising market e.g. CSOs, reader revenue
- Direct Sales & Online – Offline Opportunities – Educating new customers on digital opportunities on your platform, demonstrating value, and getting return business. We can also explore options of online-offline engagement, given the internet penetration and use in the country.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.