Closing Date: not given
Internews is seeking temporary consultants to support our efforts to address the impact of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak in countries with developing public infrastructures. The primary goal of Internews’s response is to address the challenges rising in response to the outbreak by increasing access to accurate, timely, and reliable information in local languages from trusted sources, thereby enabling the public to make informed decisions about the risks associated with COVID-19.
Our teams will help identify and understand hyper-local information needs that are not solely concerned with health behaviors, and can identify and track rumors, misinformation, and disinformation campaigns related to the virus that may cause risks to public health.
Internews is seeking consultants to join our response teams with a mix of the following skills, including:
- Qualitative data collection and analysis skills including rumor tracking, social media monitoring, online listening groups, and direct community engagement;
- Content creation skills including online news stories, social media posts, video production, data visualization, infographic and graphic design and editing production, and other forms of effective online storytelling;
- Monitoring and evaluation and impact assessment for our on-going projects;
- Training facilitation on health journalism, fact-checking, social media monitoring and online content production;
- Skills in coordinating various stakeholders on communications, humanitarian, public health, and media stakeholders.
To be successful, we expect consultants would bring a mix of the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of humanitarian communications, public health communications, and/or crisis response techniques considered an asset:
- Strong in research, information management and/or monitoring and evaluation in development/humanitarian contexts;
- Proficient in English;
- Strong knowledge of the local-language social media ecosystem;
- Good understanding of COVID-19 and or other health emergencies;
- Strong understanding of the local context;
- Relevant experience working with data collection & analysis software, including Kobo Toolbox, excel and similar software;
- Strong data management skills, including thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative data;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Data visualization skills and knowledge of relevant software to produce info-graphics is a plus;
- Strong software skills to ensure proper design and lay-out of the regular reports; and
- Knowledge of languages widely spoken in Southeast Asia is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit chm.tbe.taleo.net.