Closing date: not given
Internews is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist for a USAID funded project, Media Empowerment for Democratic Integrity and Accountability (MEDIA), which has the goal of increasing the availability of and access to quality information towards strengthening democratic accountability and reducing the risk of conflict in Indonesia. The M&E Specialist reports to the Capacity Building Specialist and collaborates with Regional M&E Specialist to design and manage monitoring and evaluation of the MEDIA project. The M&E Specialist will work with the Program Officers to collect data from activities and prepare regular reporting on M&E.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. other duties may be assigned.
- Work with the Chief of Party, Internews’ M&E staff, and local partners to design an Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (AELP) that measures and tracks progress towards outputs and expected outcomes outlined in the results framework of the MEDIA project;
- Responsible for collecting, verifying and reporting M&E data required in the AMELP in compliance with USAID’s and Internews’ data quality standards;
- Develop internal tracking systems to maintain M&E data in an organized, secure, and easy-to-understand way;
- Develop M&E tools required to collect necessary M&E data for the project;
- Monitor, review and ensure the quality of M&E data from key partners, grantees, mentors, and technical specialists;
- Input all required M&E data into USAID’s online systems as required by the project agreement;
- Hold Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning check-ins with relevant staff members and use feedback to adapt the AMELP and data collection system accordingly;
- Coordinate with partners and grantees to ensure their timely submission of the M&E data and examples of project impact that meet Internews’ and donor standards for quality, detail and clarity;
- Provide M&E capacity building and technical support to partners and grantees if necessary;
- Support the design and implementation of baseline/midline/end-line assessments and other surveys according to the approved workplan;
- Assist the chief of Party and other project staff in producing regular, timely and accurate narrative reports (including M&E data) per donor guidelines;
- Work closely with project, regional and HQ staff to revise the reports as necessary;
- Respond to requests from the donor and HQ staff about M&E data, methodologies, and examples of project impact from various target partners promptly and accurately
- Conduct internal mid-term and final project evaluations with the support from Regional and HQ M&E staff;
- Produce project communications materials and success stories as per donor requirements and Internews’ internal standards in conjunction with other project staff as required;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development, or related field OR equivalent professional experience. Master’s degree in relevant fields with professional training in M&E preferred.
- Proven professional experience in the field of performance management for social development activities and/or media. Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Experience in conducting mid-term and final project evaluations and reporting.
- Experience in both qualitative and quantitative data collection and M&E database systems.
- Knowledge of data management processes and tools, including USAID’s database systems.
- Experience with relevant M&E and communications software, such as Excel, SPSS, In-Design, Photoshop, etc.
- Experience working with and providing technical and/or capacity building support to media outlets in Indonesia.
- Experience in relevant methodologies such as content analysis, organizational capacity assessment, and outcome harvesting is an advantage, but not required.
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience providing technical support to a cross-section of staff and local partners.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Solid English writing skills, to a publishable standard.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and information management skills.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.
- Willingness to travel to project areas in different locations across the country.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.