Closing date: not given
Under the supervision of the Program Manager – LAC, the Program Officer – Colombia will oversee the daily operations of a USAID-funded project in Colombia and provide high-level support to other projects in the portfolio, including activity planning and implementation, and project management tasks. The Program Officer will be responsible for managing partner relationships and coordinating the delivery of programmatic activities and deliverables. In close collaboration with the LAC Business Manager, the Program Officer will also be responsible for managing sub-grants, sub-contracts and contracts within the LAC portfolio. The Program Officer will manage monitoring and evaluation efforts, programmatic reporting, where applicable, consultant coordination.
This position requires work authorization within Colombia. Internews will not be able to support Colombia work permits for international candidates. This is a full-time, Monday- Friday position.
Day-to-Day Tasks will Include:
- Provide targeted management on implementation of designated LAC project(s);
- Ensure timely implementation and compliance of programmatic activities;
- Provide oversight in implementation of project activities; support and monitor administrative, financial, and contractual obligations;
- Provide support and train project partners in the development of workplans, sub-contract/sub-grant management and financial management; ensure partner compliance;
- Oversee development of local partners’ activities, ensuring programmatic, administrative, and financial commitments are met;
- Track project budgets and projections in coordination with the LAC Finance & Administrative Officer and Business Manager; provide financial and administrative oversight of partners and consultants;
- Provide leadership and program management services, when appropriate;
- Provide support with trainings and curricula design on multiple topics;
- Liaise with multiple partners and stakeholders, including other implementers, primes, and beneficiaries of projects across the portfolio.
- Provide support on monitoring and evaluation;
- In coordination with LAC team and technical staff, contribute proposal writing, program reports and related documents;
- When designated, represent Internews at conferences and events;
- Monitor and analyze political developments in the LAC region; contribute to design and development potential activities/strategies;
- Work closely with Regional Manager, LAC on identification of programmatic linkages/opportunities among/across LAC countries;
- Draft periodical project/program updates for internal distribution;
- Ensure adequate information management of project/program documents and related products; ensure proper knowledge-transfer mechanisms are in place; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications We’re Looking For:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 4+ years of significant programmatic experience or relevant advanced degree;
- Experience in project management, administrative & financial management, budgeting, and reporting;
- Ability to serve as mentor to other staff;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including diplomacy, tact, and the ability to negotiate.
- Excellent communication skills: speaking, writing, and listening.
- Proven ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations, particularly USAID and US State Department.
- Experience with USAID contracts, preferred.
- The proven ability, or overwhelming desire, to work in a multicultural environment requiring frequent travel and coordination across multiple time zones.
- Optimism, a sense of humor, and excitement about joining a supportive, skilled, and diverse team.
- Proficient in MS Office;
- Fluency in English required – ability to read, write and present
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.