Closing date: not given
Under the supervision of the LAC Project Manager, the Program Officer performs high level tasks and will directly manage the day-to-day implementation of an Internews project in the Eastern Caribbean. This role will manage one multi-country program and related subgrants to local, regional and international organizations: tracking deliverables, leading reporting, working closely with the Caribbean program team, and engaging business management staff as needed.
Note: Internews is seeking candidates who have permanent work authorization in either Barbados or Dominica.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly manage at least one of Internews’ projects in the LAC Department, specifically in Barbados and Dominica;
- Responsible for programmatic development and project support;
- Assist the Regional Director, Project Manager and Business Operations Officer with project oversight, including financial tracking and progress towards program deliverables;
- Develop and monitor the portfolio’s subgrants and contracts including:
- Direct budget/agreement negotiation with subrecipient
- Following up with subrecipient
- In collaboration with Business Officer, develop and monitor budget
- Review and approval of programmatic report
- Direct report, payment clarification, negotiation with subrecipient
- Prepare programmatic reports, projections and budgets, including any documentation required by the funder;
- Prepare correspondence and reports from conferences and discussion panels;
- Maintain close communication with local, regional and international actors operating in Barbados and Dominica in the space of media, technology, humanitarian and health support to communities;
- Represent Internews at conferences and events, with funders and with policy experts;
- Create and implement a strategy for improved communications on program activities and accomplishments;
- Carry out research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives;
- Support local partners in the LAC Department with proposal development, fundraising, and organizational development;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.