Closing date: not given
The Project Coordinator will lead the implementation of the five-month project to develop communication for development strategy for Alternative Learning Systems (C4D ALS). This role will lead the development of tools and the conduct of validation research. S/he will ensure that the project stakeholders are equipped with the knowledge and skills to implement the pilot activities in three project areas (Zamboanga Del Norte, Angeles City, and North Samar). This role will be based in Makati City, Philippines but will require travel and coordination to the various pilot project areas.
Further, as the Project Coordinator:
- You will be tasked to monitor the progress and ensure the achievement of output and outcomes of the project.
- You will lead the consultation activities with the project partners such as UNICEF, the Department of Education, and the local government units of the target areas.
- You will ensure the submission of periodic reports to the Grants Team and donor, based on the agreed targets and outputs consistent with the project’s deliverables.
- You will have the opportunity to manage project staff and engage with other Plan program staff whose efforts would complement this project.
- Plan International is a development and humanitarian organization. In exceptional cases, you will be asked to support emergency response activities in the communities in your assigned covered areas.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
To be successful in the role you will need among other things:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Development Communication, Community Development, or another related course.
- Has relevant experience and training on C4D development, participatory research and monitoring & evaluation methods, project proposal writing.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in managing projects, in the development/humanitarian sector.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in implementing youth development projects is an advantage.
- Must be able to exhibit values of integrity and diversity.
- Fluency in Filipino and English (written and spoken). Must be able to produce high-quality reports in a timely fashion.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the Philippines without restrictions. Local applicants are preferred.
Location: Metro Manila, Philippines
Type of Role: Project-based (5 months)
Reports to: County Programme Manager for Youth Economic Empowerment
Competitive salary package (local T&C)
Flexible working arrangements
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.