Closing Date: not given
Internews is an international non-profit organisation whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect and the means to make their voices heard.
Internews provides communities the resources to produce local news and information with integrity and independence. With global expertise and reach, Internews trains both media professionals and citizen journalists, introduces innovative media solutions, increases coverage of vital issues and helps establish policies needed for open access to information.
Internews programmes create platforms for dialogue and enable informed debate, which bring about social and economic progress. Internews’ commitment to research and evaluation creates effective and sustainable programs, even in the most challenging environments.
Internews operates internationally, with administrative centres in California, Washington DC, and London, as well as regional hubs in Bangkok and Nairobi. Formed in 1982, Internews has worked in more than 90 countries, and currently has offices in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Latin America and North America.
About the role
Assisting the project manager and team in the organization, implementation, administration, and reporting of activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist project manager with the general oversight of the project, including project management, strategic vision, budget management, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, and coordination with partner
- Assist in establishing and managing strong partnerships with appropriate partners in selected countries in the region
- Assisting project team and external partners and consultants in the financial and narrative reporting on activities.
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluating team on collecting and analysing data needed to measure the progress of activities
- Maintain and update the work plan of the activities
- Participate in stakeholder meetings as requested
- Assist in programmatic development and project support for future programs
- Support project team with strategy development, planning and progress tracking
- Assisting project team in logistical organization and possibly on-sight activity coordination
- Assisting with preparing project documentation, data collection for donor reporting
- Possible translation of internal documents
- Assist in the process of shifting activities online as needed due to COVID19
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic (spoken and written) and communication skills and the ability to understand different dialects
- Excellent knowledge of English (spoken and written) and communication skills
- Strong knowledge in the political and contextual updates of the MENA region and North Africa in particular
- Good knowledge in the Media scene in the region
- Strong experience in working with NGOs and local partners
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, good time management
- Ability to multi-task and flexible with changing business needs
- Solution-oriented, pro-active problem solver
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse colleagues in different time zones
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities
- Closing date for applications: 23 October 2020
Candidates must submit a succinct covering letter of no more than 2-pages explaining how they satisfy the requirements of the person speciation in addition to a CV highlighting relevant experience. The successful candidate will also be asked to provide three professional referees, one of whom must be from their most recent employer.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, all the tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the job holder a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
This position will be located in the United Kingdom and therefore a successful applicant must obtain the Right to Work in the UK in order to commence their employment
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.