Closing Date: not given
Internews Network is seeking a full-time Project Manager candidate in Morocco to lead the in-country implementation of project that aims to improve the ability of media actors and women human rights defenders (WHRDs) in Morocco to report on the issue of sexual and gender based violence (SGBV) and combat harmful gender norms, thereby strengthening accountability of related reforms, laws, and commitments. The Project Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the project on the ground, making sure the work is on track with the workplan, coordinating with local partners, organizing timely completion of high-quality deliverables and drafting regular project reports. The Project Manager will work with activity-specific consultants and trainers along with personnel from local partners to ensure successful project implementation. The Project Manager reports to the Senior Program Officer in Washington, D.C. and will closely coordinate with the Berlin-based Regional Director and London-based M&E Specialist. The Project Manager will also work closely with several teams at Internews headquarters in Washington D.C. and Arcata, CA, which provide high-level technical advice, ensures compliance with Internews and donor policies and regulations, and offers back-stopping support.
NOTE: Hiring of this position is contingent upon funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct regular monitoring of project activities to ensure project objectives are being met;
- Monitor and oversee workplan implementation;
- Manage a small project staff;
- Coordinate with local partners and project beneficiaries;
- Oversee distribution of small grants;
- Attend and assist in facilitation of project trainings, in person and/or online;
- Prepare monthly reports to supervisor on all Internews projects in execution;
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation and learning and adapt program activities as necessary in coordination with the Senior Program Officer and Internews HQ team in Washington, D.C.;
- Provide financial reports for project activities to HQ;
- Participate in stakeholder meetings as requested;
- Develop relationships with prospective donors for future programs;
- Research and develop new partnerships and funding opportunities;
- Carry out research as assigned and in support of ongoing projects and new initiatives;
- Understand and demonstrate commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Prior experience in project management or relevant advanced degree
- Technical experience in sexual and gender based violence (SGBV) and women’s rights
- Proven knowledge of Moroccan media landscape
- Work authorization to work in Morocco (mainly in Rabat and Casablanca but may require travel to other areas)
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible with changing business needs
- Solution-oriented, pro-active problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, good time management
- Ability to work with colleagues in different time zones
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills required
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and responding to changes in priorities
- Strong sense of teamwork and productivity
- Fluency in English, good command of Arabic (written and spoken) and French
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internewspage.
To apply for this job please visit chm.tbe.taleo.net.