Closing date: not given
Internews Network offers Junior Program Assistant and unpaid volunteer opportunities in our Washington, D.C. office. These individuals provide valuable assistance to Internews’ programs while obtaining first-hand knowledge and experience with overseas development projects. Previous individuals have been tasked with projects such as:
- Researching and reporting on the media environment in specific countries/regions
- Attending and reporting on congressional hearings regarding democracy and development issues
- Helping to plan and coordinate Internews sponsored events
- Assisting with project budgets and proposal writing
Junior Program Assistant and volunteer opportunities are available to support programs in the following regions/areas:
- Middle East and North Africa
- Information & Communication Technology
- Health and Environmental Journalism
- Humanitarian/Emergency Response (Natural Disasters/Refugee Assistance)
- Project Development
Ideal candidates will be undergraduate students with an interest in international development and/or journalism with appropriate language skills. Internships and volunteer positions are offered for the Fall, Spring, and Summer.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.