Closing date: September 10, 2021
This role leads and delivers strategy and implementation of behavioural change best practice for MSI’s outreach and public sector support initiatives, with particular focus on reaching key populations and vulnerable groups such as adolescents, people in extreme poverty, people living with disability, and low-literacy groups and creating new partnerships to expand MSI reach.
This role is focused on pillar 1 of the MSI 2030 strategy, working predominately through Public sector channels (outreach, including single provider outreach, and Public Sector Strengthening). This role does not have any direct reports but has a large network of influence (marketing and adolescent leads based in country programmes, as well as cross-departmental colleagues at LSO).
This role reports to the Marketing Director and is also is a member of the cross functional Pillar 1 team and so works very closely with, taking guidance and direction from, the Pillar 1 Public Sector Channel Director.
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal skills in English (and preferably French)
- Ablity to translate data and research into actionable insights for marketing strategic decision making
- Very comfortable with using and developing marketing/behaviour change metrics
- Highly developed planning and organisational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects to deliver with quality and on time
- Ability to build relationships across teams, with evidence of highly sensitive cross-cultural skills and good influencing and negotiation skills
- Action and results orientated with ability to stay on track and thrive when working under tight deadlines.
- Ability to train, mentor and develop skills within others
- Ability to translate complex information into a format and language that can be understood by a wide range of people.
- Marketing, Communications or Business degree (desirable).
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours.
- A strong supporter of the cause of family planning and a woman’s right to safe abortion (Pro-choice).
- Resilient, flexible, positive attitude and can thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
- Curious about emerging developments within our sector and passionate about building best practice
- Actively seeks out feedback on their performance (both results and behaviours) with a view to continuously learning and developing
- Willingness to help with a wide range of marketing/SBCC projects, as and when required.
- Willingness to travel to Africa and Asia up to 20-25% of the time
For more information about the role, please view the job description and person specification on our website.
Location: Various Global Opportunity
Full-time: 35 hours
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £42,000 – £46,000 per annum OR Country Programme Salary Range
Closing date: Friday 10th September 2021 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please click on the URL link: https://careers.msichoices.org/VacancyInformation.aspx?VId=115541
To apply for this job please visit careers.msichoices.org.