Closing date: not given
Corus is seeking a Social and Behavior Change Communication Advisor (SBCC Advisor) for a program to strengthen community ownership and engagement in leading select COVID-19 responses in Kenya. Corus will be leading a consortium that will draw upon a trusted network of faith leaders, associated health facilities, and community health workers (CHWs) to address COVID-19. The Consortium’s response will focus on facilitating home-based care, enhancing community structures to conduct surveillance, and strengthening capacity of facilities to provide high quality service delivery.
The SBCC Advisor will be a senior member of the project team. He/she will work closely with the consortium partners and county/sub-county level Ministry of Health (MOH) counterparts to roll out messages on a variety of platforms, including mass and digital media, to promote adoption of healthy behaviors and prevention of COVID-19.
The SBCC Advisor will be based in the Corus office in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Lead execution of the project’s SBCC component in Kenya
- In collaboration with consortium partners, design communication and messaging content
- In collaboration with consortium partners, conduct training of community health workers (CHWs) and religious and traditional leaders to disseminate messages and engage communities
- Liaise with MOH sub-county level personnel to ensure coordinated communications activities at the community level
- In coordination with partners, review punctual SBCC data and adjust activities as required to achieve project objectives
- Conduct focus groups and/or other qualitative surveys to assess the reach and effectiveness of messages
- Prepare required narrative reports
- Identify successes achieved through project implementation and draft success stories for dissemination
To apply for this job please visit corus.applicantpro.com.