Closing date: July 21, 2021
Jhpiego seeks a Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) Specialist for a recently-awarded USAID integrated health project in Burkina Faso. The project aims to reduce malaria morbidity and mortality, as well as strengthen access to and the quality of care for the most vulnerable populations – women and children – across multiple service entry points and across the continuum of care. This includes strengthening the capacity of health providers to deliver high quality management, diagnosis, and treatment. The project will operate over an anticipated five-year period. **
The SBC Technical Advisor will work with the project COP and DCOP to oversee social and behavioral change related programs, assisting the MoH and other partners to coordinate, design, implement, monitor and evaluate effective SBC at national and sub-national levels.
· Set priorities for the project’s overall SBC technical vision; provide technical leadership, strategic management and direction
· Oversee the design and implementation of all SBC activities for the project
· Support formative and evaluation research, barriers and facilitators surveys as needed, to inform project’s SBC programming
- Support development of SBCC strategies, materials, media, and implementation plans that reflect global best practices.
- Provide quality assurance and support to on-the-ground implementers
· Coordinate the review and adaptation of existing SBCC capacity strengthening and tools for the project and local implementing partners as appropriate
· Support local implementers and other stakeholders to review their existing SBC strategies and ensure project activities align with national and donor priorities
· Support the design, delivery, and monitoring of technical assistance plans and training to strengthen partners’ ability to design, implement, and evaluate activities targeting behavior change
· Coordinate with other SBC partners and global resources to bring SBC knowledge, best practices and lessons learned to bear on project activities
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with government ministries and implementing partners in Burkina Faso.
· Ensure high technical and administrative standards.
· Develop and nurture relationships with current and potential stakeholders and partners.
· Serve as a spokesperson and advocate, representing the project to USAID, donors, Government of Burkina Faso and others when necessary.
· Trouble-shoot implementation challenges with project leadership at both the field and headquarter levels.
· Provide guidance in the development of the annual work plan in partnership with headquarters.
· Oversee the writing of technical and program reports and compliance with reporting and programmatic requirements.
Ensure compliance with all Jhpiego and USAID policies and procedures.
· Master’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Social or Behavioral Sciences, Public Relations, Public Health, or related fields;
· At least 10 years’ of SBCC-specific experience in designing, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of SBCC strategies and materials as well as related training
· Understanding of and expertise in behavior change communication
· Experienced in pre-testing and concept testing SBCC approaches and content
· At least 5 years’ experience supporting and managing communication programs in West and Central Africa
- Strong knowledge and experience with social and behavior change programs in Burkina Faso and/or other Francophone African countries **
· Experience and skills in using online and social media platforms for communication and promotional activities
- Experience working with market research and creative agencies
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to plan and conduct participatory training activities
Demonstrated strong management skills
How to apply
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, references, and salary history.
Please apply at www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com
For further information about Jhpiego, visit www.jhpiego.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com