Closing date: not given
Position Title: Social Behavior Change (SBC) Technical Advisor, Burkina Faso
Provides management and technical support for district level SBC activities aimed to integrate RMNCH-NA services with malaria interventions in targeted regions using cost-effective approaches to achieve better health outcomes in Burkina Faso.
- Provide technical SBC leadership, guiding the development and implementation of SBC strategies, approaches, messages and activities ensuring they are evidence-based, community-driven and in line with project priorities.
- Coordinate and support stakeholders and beneficiaries at the national to community level to implement tailored SBC strategies and activities.
- Foster a strong working relationship NMCP, Directorate of Health Promotion and Education, the other SBC projects to ensure the delivery of systematic and consistent technical assistance.
- Coordinate efforts with other stakeholders (government, civil society, and service delivery actors) to ensure that resources are efficiently used and to minimize duplication of efforts.
- Collaborates with in-country technical team, partner managers and headquarters technical staff to ensure the project is designed and implemented according to program frameworks and standards
- Leads and contributes to the planning, design, and implementation of SBC activities including a comprehensive and tailored package of SBC interventions is developed with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Design and implement tailored SBC interventions that are adapted to a mix of communication channels that address uptake of products and services and or support desired behaviors.
- Develops and tests materials, working with and providing direction to creative agencies.
- Oversees and provides technical support toward the process of documentation of best practices
- and develops and distributes case studies and project briefs to highlight SBC activities.
- Drives and provides assistance toward the development of project deliverables, work plans, and reports.
- Master’s degree in relevant field (MBA, MPH) in marketing and/or communications or related field and 7-9 years of related experience; OR Bachelor’s Degree and 9-11 years of related experience.
- At least 6 – 7 years’ work experience with a public health, development or marketing organization, of these at least five years should be at management level capacity, leading the development and implementation of BCC/SBCC initiatives.
- Experience and knowledge of malaria and/or RMNCH-NA
- Experience working in a USAID or other donor-funded project. A solid understanding and appreciation of USAID and USAID project processes, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Must be a confident communicator and presenter.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of audiences and organizations essential.
- Must be self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
- Knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Office essential.
- Strong written and verbal English and French communication skills required.
To apply for this job please visit fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.