Closing Date: not given
Team Leader and Strategic Communication Expert
M&C Saatchi World Services with networks and partners covering the MENA region, are bringing together some of Europe and the MENA region’s most creative talent. Our proposal is to help the shift perceptions of the client and reach out to the hearts and minds of people in the Middle East and North Africa by bringing a strategic, well-coordinated and effective team together.
The project will cover 4 key components:
Component 1: Integrated communication campaigns, raising awareness and improving understanding on the ground as well as through online platforms including social media and content production
Component 2: Multipliers
Component 3: Surveys
Component 4: Strengthening capabilities for more strategic communications
Reporting to Senior Leadership at M&C Saatchi HQ, the Team Leader and Communications Expert is the main point of contact with the client both in Brussels and the relevant in country delegations.
The Team Leader is in charge of the implementation of the contract, management of the team, including key and non-key experts, and reporting. Responsible for the strategic direction for all components but with a special focus on the implementation of component 1 and 4 with support of a team of non-key experts.
The majority of non key expertise will be drawn from M&C Saatchi and its network of partners. International travel will be required.
Team Leader and Communications Expert’s Qualification / Skill
• At least a university degree, or equivalent in at least one of the following fields: media, communication, marketing or advertising; Masters degree or above preferred
• Excellent command of English (written and oral)
• Excellent command of French (written and oral)
• Working command of Arabic (written and oral) strongly preferred
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Strong inter-personal and networking skills
• Excellent reporting and drafting skills Specific professional experience
• Minimum of 10 years in at least one of the following fields: media, communication, marketing or advertising
• Minimum of 5 years in managing projects in at least one of the following fields: media, communication, marketing or advertising
• Minimum of 5 years in leading communication strategies and implementation in multicultural environments
• Experience of working as a communication strategist for at least 3 communication campaigns,
• Specific experience in overseeing advocacy campaigns
• Specific experience in communication activities targeting audiences in the MENA region
• Team Leader or equivalent sr. programme management experience
• Experience working with institutions such as the European Union, World Ban, or United Nations strongly preferred
A Bit about M&C Saatchi
M&C Saatchi Worldwide is the world’s largest independent communications network, employing nearly 3,000 specialists across 40 different communication and media disciplines including TV, radio, print, outdoor, digital, mobile, social media, PR, experiential and direct marketing. We have agency hubs in 30 countries as well as established partner agencies in over 20 countries across Africa. We have a long legacy of political campaigning as well as advocacy and social and behaviour change campaigns.
M&C Saatchi S.p.A. is our Milan based agency. M&C Saatchi S.p.A works with some of the world’s most prestigious clients including BMW, Sky, Adidas, Samsung among others as a leading communications agency covering the Mediterranean market and beyond. M&C Saatchi World Services is a specialist division established in 2011 to harness the best of the Saatchi network to tackle some of the world’s most challenging problems. We provide best-in-class social and behaviour change communications expertise to government agencies, UN agencies, multi-lateral funds and banks, foundations and NGOs who have a humanitarian and/or development focus. Our proven track record has increased public awareness and positive perception of the United States and U.K. Governments in countries such as Pakistan and Nigeria.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability you may contact us here.
Due to the high volume of applicants, it is not possible to reply to all applicants personally. All applicants are considered however. If you have not been contacted within five working days, please assume your application unsuccessful on this occasion and thank you for your interest in us!
To apply for this job please visit careers.mcsaatchi.com.