The Communication for Development (C4D) Network a social network of individuals and institutions committed to the building capacity for the effective use of communication for social change and development. The Network is a not-for-profit organisation that is registered in England and Wales as a company limited by guarantee, no share capital or disbursements.
- The C4D Network Community — this is the global social network of people engaged in communication for development; with emerging Country Chapters and the Topical groups.
- The C4D Network Resource Site — this is the website and associated social media which provides regularly updated information about communication for development sector news, events, resources, publications, and much more.
- The C4D Network Knowledge Bank — this is the searchable database of C4D projects and case studies that illustrate the use of varied approaches and methods.
- The C4D Service Providers System — this is the new system through which a wide range of communication for development institutional and individual experts, consultants, trainers and other service providers can highlight their skills and services, and where seekers of such expertise can find the people and institutions they need.
- The C4D Recruit Service — this is the well established web and email service providing information and links to all the current jobs, consultancies, and other types of employment being advertised globally.
- The C4D Education Service — this is the gathering of C4D capacity development resources and information; including curricula, blended learning and e-learning opportunities and information about free and charged for training around the world that is relevant for the C4D community.
- The C4D Support Consultancy Service — this is the consultancy agency that provides Research, Evaluation, Strategy, Training and other expertise for UN agencies and other institutions around the world. It has been awarded 5 out of the 6 categories of the ‘Global C4D Long Term Agreement (LTA)’ awards from UNICEF for 2019-2021.
- The C4D Publishing Service — this is the soon-to-be-established small publishing initiative; which aims to be of service by working with authors to release useful and informative publications about communication for development theory and practice, in multiple languages.
The C4D Network has been registered since 2011, and the company number is 07734410. The registered address is Finsbury House, New Street, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7 5LL, UK.
The organisation has been established and funded to date by the company Communications for Development Ltd (C4D Support), as a contribution to the development sector and with the goal of supporting the development of increased capacity in communication for development internationally.