The C4D Network is committed to keeping all personal data supplied by its members secure and safe. For transparency and clarity, this policy sets out why we request data, how we process it, who we share it with, and your individual rights.
What data does the Network request?
Data is collected when you register for individual C4D Network membership, including full name, email address, location, C4D focus/experience, current professional role, and numbers of years of C4D experience. Please note that all emails supplied remain private and can only be seen by the C4D Network Secretariat team (C4D Director, C4D Editor and C4D Admin)
What do we use your data for?
- To ensure we can process and properly ‘vet’ all incoming members thus keeping the Network a safe and relevant place for all members.
- To assign you to your home Network Country Chapter in order that you receive country-specific information such as local Network Meet-Ups and other C4D events.
- To occasionally contact specific members in relation to consultancy opportunities/specific information requests (e.g contacting members working in Participatory Video or working on social norms).
- To create a full profile that can only be seen by other Network members.
Does the C4D Network share my data?
No, all membership related data this is provided is used solely for reasons 1 – 3 listed above. We do not sell on or share any information with third parties.
Where is my data stored?
Your data (in the form of your Network profile) is stored on the Ning platform. This is an external platform used by the Network to host our membership hub (www.ning.com).
How do I access my profile data?
Access is through the Ning platform, using the email address you originally used to sign-up for your account and your own password.
How can I control which information I receive from the Network?
There are several opt-in/opt-in choices you can make as a Network member in terms of the information you receive. This can be done by:
- Signing into your Network profile.
- Go to ‘Options’ on the right-hand side of your profile, then ‘Edit Profile’ in the drop-down list, then ‘Email’. You can then choose what messages to opt in and out from.
How long do you keep my data for?
Your data is kept for as long as you remain a Network member.
I want to leave the Network, what will happen to my data?
- If you leave through Ning by closing down your account then your profile data and any associated comments/postings you made have made are immediately deleted.
- If you contact us to close your account down then the same rule applies – your membership profile/comments/postings are deleted as soon as we close your account.
How can you contact the Network?
Last updated: 16 May 2018