All of the attendants are people very committed to vulnerable people, and who work very hard for them: independently from their positions, or organizations to which they work for (including me :). So we talked about our jobs in favor of the most vulnerable. Somehow, some of them also do C4D but they haven´t realized, but after our explanations they did, so there is a lot of experiences we’ve got. Unfortunately, it’s never enough in our country, since – maybe as in most of the countries – adult people or authorities don´t give enough support to these groups.
Some initiatives applying C4D that were held by us are:
- Training children, adolescents and youths to be Community communicators.First training them on their human rights, values, principles, and then empowering them to become good leaders.
- Theater of the opressed, where young people mainly express their reality, their needs through theater.
- Storytelling, an initiative given to us by Steve Richards who is Children´s Communications specialist.
- We shrared works that we do, like newsletters, or videos, where the main actors are the vulnerable groups.
- These and othere experiences, that after this meetings we will share eache other.
The conclusion was to keep on doing what we do, little by little we will get far. Someday, somehow we had to start working on this, and we already did it.