Have you or do you know of anyone that has implemented any program/project that is contributing
to improve the health and wellbeing of children in Ghana?
UNICEF Ghana in collaboration with the Department of Social and Behavioural Sciences, School of
Public Health, University of Ghana invites you to submit a study for an upcoming knowledge
exchange seminar scheduled for the 2nd to 4th August, 2021 at the CEDI Conference Centre,
University of Ghana
The theme for this year’s Knowledge Seminar is “Innovative initiatives for social and behaviour
change communication to improve child wellbeing during public health emergencies”
We want to recognise your project/programme in child health whilst creating a platform for
We are looking for individuals – health workers, students, citizens, entrepreneurs – or organisations
– NGOs, companies, universities, hospitals government departments whose work involve
interventions on child health and wellbeing.
Your initiative/project/programme is eligible if it addresses the following areas of child health:
• Child Education
• Child Rights
• Child survival
• Child Protection
• Water Sanitation and Hygiene
• Sexual and Reproductive Health
• Social Policy
• Nutrition etc
WHAT IS THE TIMELINE & PROCESS?
Call Open: 21ST June, 2021
Call Closes: 15th July, 2021
You can benefit in several ways:
▪ Recognition: Your initiative/project/programme will be recognised during the knowledge
exchange seminar at the University of Ghana.
▪ Documentation: Your initiative/project/programme will be published in a book of abstracts.
This book will be distributed to participants during the knowledge exchange seminar
▪ Sharing: You will have the opportunity to share you initiative/project/programme with
participants during the knowledge exchange seminar
▪ Learning – You will be invited to attend knowledge exchange seminar to learn from other
All abstracts will be assessed by at least two members of an expert review panel using the criteria
The approach addresses child health needs in Ghana.
Inclusiveness The approach has the potential to be used by a large number of
people, enhancing equity and access.
Affordability The initiative/project/programme is affordable by the poor who
are otherwise excluded in the local context or the
initiative/project/programme is more cost-effective than the
Effectiveness The initiative/project/programme has a demonstrated positive
outcome on the health of children.
Scalability Within and across cultural, resource and environmental
the initiative/project/programme can be applied to reach many
There are two ways you can apply. Choose the way that is best for you.
1. Complete the google form and submit https://forms.gle/9MXmYegHhKXq85wn9
2. Complete the form and send via email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
WhatsApp: +233(0) 244468378
You can also find additional details on this link.