NEW: COVID Comms Response Facebook group – all welcome, for sharing communication tools, materials and insights.
The C4D Network has created a COVID-19 Response micro-site with the aim of supporting local communicators during the pandemic: https://c4d.org/covid-19
• Communication Resources Feed in English – a regularly updated range of useful posts signposting to insights and resources that are being produced around the world that are relevant for communicators. (Including signpost to the increasing number of valuable initiatives and materials databases that are being curated by key trusted sources such as the alliance of UN and other organisations in West Africa, Communication Initiative and Johns Hopkins University).
• Communication Resources in Languages Other than English – an initial gathering of resources in Arabic, French, Spanish and Portuguese, plus signposting to resources in a variety of other languages. (These will be further developed in partnership with other organisations and volunteers).
• Support Documents: Guidance for Communicators and Mapping of Sources & Resources – the C4D Network has produced a guidance document and a mapping of relevant sites, organisations and resources for communicators around the world. These support documents are in easy to use formats – as both pdf for download and online. (To be will be updated regularly).
• Signposting to E-Training & Webinars – relevant COVID-19 communication e-learning courses, webinars and more are highlighted here, with new opportunities added regularly.
In the area of ‘Connection’ on the micro-site you can find the following:
• The ‘Communication Champions’ Network – communicators are being encouraged to volunteer to support one another in the crisis; through mentoring and other volunteering. The C4D Network will be linking those who are requesting support to communicators who are offering assistance.
• Shared Community Communication Materials & Strategies – while the Network is signposting to materials developed by international organisations as part of the ‘Resources’ section it is also providing a platform for the sharing of primary local communication content for reuse and inspiration – including video, audio, print formats, examples of public space communication and other content.
• Action – Volunteer, Share, Request – both C4D Network members and others are encouraged to be in touch with the Network: completing a short Survey that is both a needs assessment and a brief C4D mapping of COVID-19 Response in different countries; signing-up for the weekly COVID-19 Communications Response e-newsletter; and for sharing and feedback via [email protected].
• The Network’s strategy for its COVID-19 Response service can be viewed here: C4D Network Concept Strategy.
The Network’s resource documents:
C4D Network: Mapping of Communication Resources – COVID19: This resource mapping contains signposting and direct links to a range of resource sites and content online; this includes information about the main sources for trustworthy information about the pandemic; sites for e-learning; organisations providing COVID-19 communication response guidance and tools; and sites providing downloadable materials such as factsheets and posters and access to material such as videos and audio.
C4D Network: Guidance for Effective Local Communication Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) : The guide seeks to address questions about how we can face local communication challenges presented by the pandemic, and how communicators respond effectively to the situation through supporting our communities to cope and to protect themselves.