Resources, Support and Connection for Communicators Combating the Pandemic
NEW: COVID Comms Response Facebook group – all welcome, for sharing communication tools, materials and insights.
Key COVID-19 Communication Resource Sites
COVID-19 Communication Network(Johns Hopkins & Partners) launched in May 2020
Aggregation site for social and behavior change (SBC) professionals, and other responders in need, to access and share high quality communication materials, tools and resources from global partners to address the COVID-19/Coronavirus pandemic.
- Languages:full interface: English, French Spanish, Portuguese, materials in: many languages.
- Providing:information about online resource events.
- COVID-19 resource database fields:resource type, topic, audience, country, source.
- Link: https://covid19communicationnetwork.org
COVID-19 West and Central Africa (UN Pillar partnership, implemented by IOM) – launched in early May 2020
An aggregating platform for COVID-19 shareable materials; online library of the regional working group for risk communication and community engagement to fight coronavirus in West and Central Africa. The readymade tools available on this website are designed to be culturally adapted and context specific.
- Languages:full interface: English, French, materials in: many Sub-Saharan languages
- Providing: materials for download and use, offering communicators to share content – which is then moderated and uploaded if selected.
- COVID-19 resource database fields:countries, COVID-19 topical categories, data item type (audio, video, image, social feeds, article etc)
COVID-19 Digital Classroom (Partnership Media Aid Films, Core Group, Translators without Borders et al) – Launched June 2020
COVID-19 Library offers community-based health workers and trainers access to quality assured openly licensed content that can be used on mobile devices and shared with local communities globally. Brings into one space quality-assured, multimedia materials from multiple content developers. Adaptation of existing content: COVID-19 Library allows training implementers to re-use and adapt quality-assured training materials, saving costs and time. A global collaborative network of organizations to share and review content, integrate content into programs and share user-experience.
- Languages:full interface: English, materials in: varied languages.
- Providing:COVID-19 Library offers community-based health workers and trainers access to quality assured openly licensed content that can be used on mobile devices and shared with local communities globally.Offer for users to share resources.
- COVID-19 resource database fields: health domain, resource type, audience, geography (Africa, Global, US – will expand), devise
- Link: https://covid-19digitalclassroom.org
Communication Initiative – COVID-19 Hub (Communication Initiative), launched March 2020
COVID-19 Communication and Community Engagement Hub for Extensive collection of reports, articles, announcements, analysis and more.
- Languages:full interface: English, Spanish, materials in: some languages
- Providing: for Shared Knowledge, Active Dialogue & Learning from Other Crises and More.
- COVID-19 resource database fields: broad search of all postings /COVID-19 across extensive site; with item types, themes and more.
Hygiene Hub (Partnership led by the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, LSHTM)– launched early 2020. Upcoming ‘Communication Platform’.
Supporting actors in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) to rapidly design evidence-based hygiene interventions to combat the coronavirus.
- Languages: full interface: English, French, Spanish, Arabic, materials in: varied languages.
- Providing: Resources – which synthesise the evidence and provide practical recommendations; Technical advice and connection, sharing of activity and experience. offering users to share information about their projects.
- COVID-19 resource database fields: articles and analysis, item type.
The Compass for SBC / Springboard(Johns Hopkins Centre for Communication [CCP]
(Content now integrated into COVID-19 Communication Network (Johns Hopkins & Partners) but still available online and being updated.) The Compass is a collection of social and behavior change (SBC) resources curated by CCP’s Breakthrough-ACTION project, created a Trending Topic on COVID-19, which is updated regularly with the latest materials.
- Languages:full interface: English materials in: some languages.
- Providing:offering a selection of videos, songs, and PSAs created to inform the public about handwashing and general information about COVID-19.
- COVID-19 resource database fields: listings of resource
- Link: https://www.thecompassforsbc.org/trending-topics/covid-19-resources-social-and-behavior-change
COVID-19 news and resources, as well as tips to protect you and your family.
- Providing: Articles, Guidance, Videos
- COVID-19 resource database fields:
Key Health Information Sites
World Health Organisation (WHO) COVID-19 Section
Collection of varied materials on COVID-19.
- Providing: Myth-busting, Videos, Training, Articles, Infographics, etc.
Center for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 Section
CDC provides health considerations and tools for operating during COVID-19.
- Providing: Guidance Document, Social Media Toolkit, Print Resources, PSAs, Videos
Welcome to the C4D Network’s micro-site on Communication Response to COVID-19.
The C4D Network has created a COVID-19 Response micro-site with the aim of supporting local communicators during the pandemic: https://c4d.org/covid-19
• Communication Resources Feed in English – a regularly updated range of useful posts signposting to insights and resources that are being produced around the world that are relevant for communicators. (Including signpost to the increasing number of valuable initiatives and materials databases that are being curated by key trusted sources such as the alliance of UN and other organisations in West Africa, Communication Initiative and Johns Hopkins University).
• Communication Resources in Languages Other than English – an initial gathering of resources in Arabic, French, Spanish and Portuguese, plus signposting to resources in a variety of other languages. (These will be further developed in partnership with other organisations and volunteers).
• Support Documents: Guidance for Communicators and Mapping of Sources & Resources – the C4D Network has produced a guidance document and a mapping of relevant sites, organisations and resources for communicators around the world. These support documents are in easy to use formats – as both pdf for download and online. (To be will be updated regularly).
• Signposting to E-Training & Webinars – relevant COVID-19 communication e-learning courses, webinars and more are highlighted here, with new opportunities added regularly.
In the area of ‘Connection’ on the micro-site you can find the following:
• The ‘Communication Champions’ Network – communicators are being encouraged to volunteer to support one another in the crisis; through mentoring and other volunteering. The C4D Network will be linking those who are requesting support to communicators who are offering assistance.
• Shared Community Communication Materials & Strategies – while the Network is signposting to materials developed by international organisations as part of the ‘Resources’ section it is also providing a platform for the sharing of primary local communication content for reuse and inspiration – including video, audio, print formats, examples of public space communication and other content.
• Action – Volunteer, Share, Request – both C4D Network members and others are encouraged to be in touch with the Network: completing a short Survey that is both a needs assessment and a brief C4D mapping of COVID-19 Response in different countries; signing-up for the weekly COVID-19 Communications Response e-newsletter; and for sharing and feedback via [email protected].
• The Network’s strategy for its COVID-19 Response service can be viewed here: C4D Network Concept Strategy.
The Network’s resource documents:
C4D Network: Mapping of Communication Resources – COVID19: This resource mapping contains signposting and direct links to a range of resource sites and content online; this includes information about the main sources for trustworthy information about the pandemic; sites for e-learning; organisations providing COVID-19 communication response guidance and tools; and sites providing downloadable materials such as factsheets and posters and access to material such as videos and audio.
C4D Network: Guidance for Effective Local Communication Response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) : The guide seeks to address questions about how we can face local communication challenges presented by the pandemic, and how communicators respond effectively to the situation through supporting our communities to cope and to protect themselves.