The 2016 State of Civil Society Report summarizes the key events, issues and trends affecting civil society around the world. The 5th annual report draws on contributions from more than 30 of the world’s leading experts on civil society as well as investigative work from the CIVICUS staff, which was conducted in close partnership with hundreds of activists in the field.
The report is available to download in full below and is also divided into the following sections for individual download:
- A foreword by Danny Sriskandarajah, Secretary General, CIVICUS;
- An executive summary, also available in French and Spanish;
- A year in review that looks at how civil society responded to global crises, an analysis of protest trends, threats to civic freedoms and new developments in civil society;
- 33 guest essays related to the report’s overarching theme of exclusion and civil society;
- A CIVICUS essay that analyses and synthesises the main insights from the guest essays