The C4D Network is looking for an enthusiastic and committed part-time coordinator to support the running of the Network site and membership community. This is a fast-paced and varied position that has much flexibility. The role requires a passion for networking and international development. It is primarily online working, with membership communication around the world. It also requires London-based meet-up coordination and regular meetings with the Secretariat team in Oxford, UK. Further fully-remote international positions will be advertised shortly.
- This is a part-time position, 20 -30 hours per week.
- It is home-based, but the successful candidate needs to be able to travel to London and Oxford at least twice per month.
- Start date: 1st August 2019
- Contract position: fixed-term for six months, renewable.
- Renumeration: £28,800 pro-rata. (£15per hour).
Content & Editorial:
- Updating web content – adding postings for news, resources, events, jobs etc.
- Managing e-newsletters for jobs, resources and network communication.
- Writing for the web – writing abstracts, introductions, newsletters, editorial etc.
- Managing social media interactivity – Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Supporting Network content and communication strategy development.
- Establishing good membership communication systems and processes.
- Process of new individual and institutional members, and managing member inquiries, subscriptions and engagement.
- Supporting member groups: country chapters and thematic groups; with regular coordination, resourcing and communication.
- Organising Network events, supporting the Secretariat and Country Chapters – events include regular London meet-ups, special events, Country Chapter events, online happenings and more. Tasks include ‘liaising with venues, speakers and participants.
Communication & Administration:
- Consistent and regular communication with Network Secretariat team members; using remote communication tools such as email, WhatsApp and skype.
- Regular reporting and good administration, particularly of financial paperwork.
- A strong interest and engagement in ‘communication for development’ within international development and social justice work.
- Experience in editing websites and writing for the web.
- Experience of online communication with varied stakeholders.
- Experience in engaging within individuals and institutions internationally; strong intercultural sensitivity and awareness required.
- Good knowledge of social media strategy and use; particularly Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Advanced networking and inter-personal communication skills and aptitude.
- Events management experience.
- Good time management and the ability to work remotely and independently as well as part of a team.
- Knowledge of software platforms & digital tools:
- Knowledge of online ‘live’ meeting systems, such as Google Hangouts and Facebook Live.
- Use of online database systems and knowledge management.
To apply please send covering letter and CV to [email protected], by 1stJuly 2019.