- This event has passed.
Hack the Goals Knowledge Sharing Day and Award Ceremony (Brussels, Belgium)
November 16, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
‘Hack the Goals’ was a series of seven hackathons that was organised by the Belgian development agency, Enabel. In Senegal, Niger, the Palestinian territory, Morocco, Uganda and Belgium dozens of youngsters, digital experts, IT engineers, civil servants and development practitioners co-created innovative solutions for concrete challenges in development projects.
Check www.hackthegoals.be for more information and photos.
D4D Knowledge sharing day
To conclude ‘Hack the Goals’, Enabel is organising a knowledge sharing day on digitalisation. The purpose is to discover innovative digital projects and technologies and their possible impact on sustainable development.
• 9.30 AM to 12 noon: Organisations present successfull digital projects: do they contribute to sustainable development?
• 1.00 PM to 4.00 PM: Experts and digital pioneers discuss digital technologies such as e-learning and mobile money, as well as digital issues such as the gender gap.
At 5.00 PM, the closing event and the award ceremony will officially conclude Hack the Goals 2018.
Keynote speeches by
• Andrus Ansip, Vice President of the European Commission
• Alexander De Croo, Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Development Cooperation, Digital Agenda, Telecom and Postal Services
• Jean Van Wetter, Managing director of Enabel
Followed by a panel discussion on the digital revolution and the added value of digitalisation for development, with:
• Afke Schaart (GSMA)
• Ibrahim Ouassari / Julie Foulon (MolenGeek)
• Isaya Yunge (SomaApps)
• Judith Veenkamp (Waag)
• Jean Van Wetter (Enabel)
Reception and walking dinner
Concert of Timès Trio, Brussels-based band, playing Berber and folk fusion music.