This Farm Radio International (FRI) project aimed to promote large-scale adoption of agricultural innovations and research results from two Cultivate Africa’s Future projects – integrating insects into poultry and fish feed (INSFEED), and quick-cooking bean products – through the use of interactive radio programs.
• 40 radio community listener groups (CLGs) were formed with over 670 individual members (50% women).
• Before the radio programs were broadcast, all CLGs were trained to record their voices and send the messages to radio stations, using their mobile phones. They were also trained to use radio sets and participate in weekly polls.
• Field monitoring visits were carried out every two months and reports showed that 98% of women and youth respondents valued the programs.
• Looking at data from Uliza, 50,732 listeners participated in radio interactions from December 2015 to June 2017.
• It is estimated that the six project radio stations – Radio Simba, Mega FM, Radio Buddu, Sky FM, Akaboozi FM and Ramogi FM – reached a total of 9 million listeners throughout the project period.
Click here for full brief.