The C4D Network has created a COVID-19 Response micro-site with the aim of supporting local communicators during the pandemic: https://c4d.org/covid-19
This platform enables users to access resources, materials and connections for necessary communication within communities.
For resourcing communicators on the micro-site, you can find the following:
- Communication Resources Feed in English – a daily updated range of useful posts signposting to new resources that are being produced around the world that are relevant for communicators. (These will soon be integrated into easy to use database that will have search fields that are specific to what is needed during this pandemic – such as key message areas, communication with different stakeholders, languages, trusted sources and more).
- Communication Resources in Languages Other than English – an initial gathering of resources in Arabic, French, Spanish and Portuguese, plus signposting to resources in a variety of other languages. (These will be further developed in partnership with other organisations and volunteers).
- Support Documents: Guidance for Communicators and Mapping of Sources & Resources – the C4D Network has produced a guidance document and a mapping of relevant sites, organisations and resources for communicators around the world. These support documents are in easy to use formats – as both pdf for download and online. (To be will be updated regularly).
- Signposting to E-Training & Webinars – relevant COVID-19 communication e-learning courses, webinars and more are highlighted here, with new opportunities added regularly.
In the area of ‘Connection’ on the micro-site you can find the following:
- The ‘Communication Champions’ Network – communicators are being encouraged to volunteer to support one another in the crisis; through mentoring and other volunteering. The C4D Network will be linking those who are requesting support to communicators who are offering assistance.
- Shared Community Communication Materials & Strategies – while the Network is signposting to materials developed by international organisations as part of the ‘Resources’ section it is also providing a platform for the sharing of primary local communication content for reuse and inspiration – including video, audio, print formats, examples of public space communication and other content.
- Action – Volunteer, Share, Request – both C4D Network members and others are encouraged to be in touch with the Network: completing a short Survey that is both a needs assessment and a brief C4D mapping of COVID-19 Response in different countries; signing-up for the weekly COVID-19 Communications Response e-newsletter; and for sharing and feedback via [email protected].
- The Network’s strategy for its COVID-19 Response service can be viewed here: C4D Network Concept Strategy.